After a positive couple of days, to top it all off, I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely backstorybeauty. I was really honoured to be nominated and feel very lucky to be amongst so many amazing other bloggers – thank you!! The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and you can find her blog here.
I’m new to all this jazz so I’m not really sure if I’m doing it right, but I think you just copy the rules down and answer the questions…so here goes!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about myself (I hate doing this):
- I have a 2:1 degree in Psychology but I’m actually going into teaching this September (brace yourself for all the PGCE blog posts lol).
- My favourite TV show of all time is Grey’s Anatomy and I don’t think I’ll ever love a TV show more. Still standing after 10+ seasons of heartache and pain!!!
- Being by the beach is my favourite place to be. Either that or the Sycamore Gap in Northumberland where they filmed Robin Hood & The Prince of Thieves. If you haven’t been seriously check it out!
Now onto the questions I was given by backstorybeauty:
- If you had to re-write the first verse to the song Eye of the Tiger by the band Survivor which is as follows:
Risin’ up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive
What lyrics would you write instead and briefly, why?
OMG I love this question! It’s super creative but so difficult! I definitely overthought this question massively…did you want it related to the actual song or a whole new version etc etc…so here’s my interpretation:
Meg Louise, back on the blog
Did my time, took some inspo
Loved myself, went for a jog
Just a girl and her little miiiiiind
I made it about me because that was the easiest topic and related it to when I took some time out to chill and calm myself down a bit. It’s a little bit cringe but hopefully answers the question!
2. If you were to become a super-hero and you had to choose one animal to be your companion, what animal would it be?
Definitely my dog George. He’s so loyal and friendly but I reckon he could kick arse if he wanted to. I’d also miss him too much if I went off on missions (is that even what you call them) and left him at home!
3. If you had to choose between being a Premier League football player or a Premier league manager, which would you choose and why?
I think a manager. Even though it’s more stressful, I really enjoy telling people what to do (in a managerial sense) and being a leader. I like to think I’m a good people person so would really motivate my team to do well. And I can’t kick a ball!
4. If you could only blog about one topic for as long as you continued being a blogger, what topic would it be?
Honestly, probably advice topics. I really like taking my life experiences and situations I know my friends have been through, getting it all together, and writing a blog post about it. Ultimately I love helping people so if I’ve been through a crappy situation, I’d much rather write a blog post on it to help others rather than reviewing a mascara. Saying that though, I do loooove my beauty posts and my whole blog title is centred around that so I’ve got to get some beauty in every now and then!
But if I could only choose one blog topic: life advice.
5. If all the books ever written were banished but you could choose one book that would be spared banishment, what book would it be?
Year of Yes by Shonda Rimes, hands down. It’s a non fiction/autobiography style book written by the queen of producing, writing, directing, sunshine emitting Shonda Rimes, who I’m sure you all know writes Greys Anatomy and Scandal etc. She basically says yes to everything for a whole year and takes you on a journey through all of it. It’s the most inspiring book I’ve ever read and has so many life lessons in it. I could definitely keep this forever and read it 100 times and STILL find ways to improve my life and wellbeing that little bit more. If you haven’t read it already please do. It’s amazing and really puts life into perspective.
And as per the rules, my favourite blog post: my post on self love.
For my nominations, I’ve chosen these wonderful blogs:
All these bloggers are gorgeous people that have supported me and have just been generally lovely.
Well done everyone and I look forward to reading your posts!
See below for my questions:
If you could time travel to any era in history, when would it be and why?
What is the most frustrating thing about blogging to you, and how do you overcome it?
If your life was set inside a movie or TV show, which movie/show would it be?
Would you rather have leaves for arms or a flower for a face? (If you know me you’ll know this is my FAVOURITE would you rather question of all time hahaha!).
And finally….what is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Thanks again backstorybeauty for the nomination and I am SO excited to hear all of your responses!
Hopefully you’ve seen a bit of silly/more personal side to me and if you enjoy these type of posts let me know! x